The contest goal is to explore the relationship between design and tools usability, emerging technologies and functionality, starting from applying innovative approaches, systems or control interfaces, to exploring and redesigning the whole “gelato experience”. Both from operator and customer sides.
WINNER: ......... €
2° PLACE: ......... €
3° PLACE: ......... €
Contest launch: May 10th, 2:30 PM - MILANO FOOD CITY
Deadline: September 30 - 11:59 PM
PARTICIPATE TO THE EDITION 2018!
Submit your contact details to be informed about the DESITA Award 2018 - Gelato experience. New interesting prizes for designers whit the desire to change the world of gelato shop.
SPONSOR THE EDITION 2018!
Get International visibility and be recognized as a leading institution that supports and promotes good design, to be part of an innovational process in the supply chain as top players. email@example.com
- Tools and Packaging: Design or redesign tools, objects, accessories, packaging, etc. in order to improve the functionality, the food preparing and/or the fruition experience from the service and/or customer standpoint.
- Interior & Interaction: Design or redesign of environments, furnishing elements, workstations, electronic devices/applications, digital devices, etc. that could improve the food preparation and/or fruition experience from the service and/or customer standpoint
- Food Design: Design or redesign effective solutions for food fruibility, new formats, storage elements, preservation and transportation, new materials, communication, etc. that could improve the food preparation and/or fruition experience from the service and/or customer standpoint.
Note: All projects must show a detailed attention to process and product sustainability, with specific consideration to production costs, promoting and presenting gelato as a high quality and healthy food choice while analyzing environment and consumer “experience”: sociological, anthropological, economic, cultural and sensorial, defining not only production technologies variations but also marketing and communication that aim to defend and promote local products.
The projects selected by the prestigious jury, will allow candidates access to the following prizes:
2° PLACE: .......... €
3° PLACE: .......... €
- Publication of their projects on DESITA and Partners media channels.
- The possibility to see their projects actualized.
- International visibility by: media channels, magazines, social networks.
DESITA AWARD aims are:
- Supporting young designers and innovators in their process of growth and technical expertise in building collaborative relationships and learning both individually and collectively;
- Providing designers and innovators an opportunity for visibility to expand within an international market.
- Translating their ideas into marketable prototypes;
GELATO VS ICE CREAM
It is very common throughout the world for the word gelato to be translated into English and other languages as Ice Cream or its local equivalent. However, it must be noted that there are significant differences between Gelato and Ice Cream...